Morning routine as a working girl

Shout-out to one of my favorite blogs for years now, Sweet Southern Prep, for inspiring me to do this post. Although my morning routine is about 4 kids and a few states different than hers, I thought I’d give y’all a glimpse into my new morning work routine.
I’m pretty blessed that I can wake up at 6:45 and still have plenty of time to get ready for a full day AND make the train with time to spare. Grant it, I’m a night shower kind of girl. I never liked to get into my bed with all of the day’s germs still hanging around on me. So that leaves a little extra time in the morning too.
Davening works a little different for everyone. I always see people davening on the train or when they get to work, but I’ve found that I don’t like to push it off. It’s important to me, and I can get my best concentration when I’m in my normal place at home. I’m lucky that there’s time in the morning before I have to leave. I’m sure there will be times when I’m running late or can’t get out of bed and I’ll have to daven on the train, but for now this works.
Breakfast is usually a yogurt smoothie on the go after everything else is finished. It’s easy to grab out of the fridge and head to the train.
Next, is the 7:52 train. I’ve never had a problem parking, and sometimes I even get a spot right out front. In my town, you can park at the train for free as long as you’re using the NJ Transit. I know in some places you have to pay the big bucks to park. Thankfully, I guess they realize I’m spending enough on my train ticket each month not to charge me for that too. I usually check my social media or listen to music on the train. Currently listening to: Yaakov Shwekey. He really knows how to get my day going!
I switch to the Path (subway) around 8:30, and I arrive at the World Trade Center stop around 8:45. I don’t have to be at work until 9ish, so this leaves plenty of time for Starbucks. I love me some Black Iced Tea to get my day going. I hope they know me by drink soon like they did in Louisville. It’s those personal touches that make it special.
Then I walk about 8.5 minutes to my office, and voila! I’ve completed my morning commute. From start to finish the commute takes about an hour. It could be worse!
I consider myself blessed that at least I like my job on the other end, and I have really nice people to work with all day as well.
I have to run. It’s almost my stop to get off the train. Happy Monday Y’all! Xoxo, Frum Girl in the City





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s